January 4, 2008

...Friday's Favorites...

I don't know about you, but sometimes these cold winter days can get long & it can be hard to find things to keep Zac entertained inside. I was watching Studio 5 yesterday & they showed this little science experiment that turned out to be fun & very exciting to watch. You'll have to try it if you're in a crunch for something fun to do. Here's what you'll need:

...an empty plastic bottle...
...1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide...
...squirt of liquid dish soap...
...3-4 drops food coloring...
...1 tsp. yeast dissolved in 2 Tbsp. warm water...

So what you want to do is put the hydrogen peroxide, dish soap, & food coloring in the bottle. In a separate bowl or cup or whatever, mix the yeast and water together. Once the yeast is somewhat dissolved, pour it into the bottle & be prepared to watch the magic happen!! :)


Also...probably one of my favorite magazines/websites for ideas on fun things to do with your kids year round is FamilyFun. It's been one of my favorite idea sources for things to do with kids for years...if you haven't already been to their website, go there by clicking here.

I came across another site that had a few things that looked fun too...you can visit that site by clicking here.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

You are seriously the best mom! I want to meet you one of these days at the Children's museum....you name the day and we'll be there.

Tara said...

L O V E your friday's favorites! Thanks so much for sharing!

Abby said...

Thanks for the tip! I love FamilyFun too! I just got through reading Zac's comments.... I love that the North Pole is in Georgia!!! It does sound like another language when we speak sometimes... lol wait a minute does that make me an elf? ;) LoL

Francis Family said...

What a great inside idea! Thanks for the tip about the magazine! I loved the 'quotes' from your kids- so funny!

the cummard family said...

My MIL got all of her DIL's subscriptions to Family Fun years ago. It really is the best magazine....well, 2nd to Creating Keepsakes. I love the fun ideas though, almost all of the food ones I want to copy. Love the Friday Fav's!