November 13, 2008

...finally...

some may be wondering what i've been up to that has kept me away from the blogging world for so long. let's just say i've been plenty busy...and haven't felt like taking the time to upload pictures. so now i'm back...and here's one project i'd like to tackle before the end of next week...thanks to my good friend for giving me the idea...which she got off of ali edwards' blog, who got the idea from martha...(surprise, surprise!) anyway...it's an advent calendar...i bought the boxes from my local craft store...and then bought some christmas paper, paint, and number stickers. then instead of tacking them straight onto the wall like others have done, i found an old cork board that i'm going to try and salvage into something cute...we'll see how it turns out. hopefully it does...i'll keep you posted.

(photo courtesy ali edwards)

then of course we have zac's 4th birthday coming up! so fun...but it's keeping us busy around here! seeing as how zac thinks animals are pretty cool, we decided on a jungle sa"four"i party. it should be fun. it's zac's first "friend" party...so he's excited about it. hopefully we can pull it off...we'll see how it goes! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very creative! I'm excited to see how that goes. . . Happy Birthday Zac!!

Andrea S. said...

I'm anxious to see how your calendar turns out (and glad one of us has the energy to make it!). I can't wait to see pictures from Zac's party. What a fun theme--I love that you included his age in it. I know you're busy and it's getting to be an even busier time of the year, but we really should get together....soon :)

Denise and Nathan said...

Lynds-I'm glad you're still alive. I was starting to wonder if you fell off the face of the earth. As always, you're busy being creative:)

Unknown said...

can't wait to see it finished!

brit said...

that calender is such a fun idea! i hope the party is fun! i am crazing planing Avi's party now too!

Kelli and Chad said...

Hey! I am excited to see you and Chad this next weekend. I heard we are gonna go on a triple date, that is gonna be fun! You can totally see how the reason for me and jess staying with you turned out. ;) I love the calendar, and the invite for Zacs party, so creative.