September 10, 2008

...preschool & party planning...

according to zac, he is now "a busy boy". he had his first day of preschool yesterday and loved it...i knew he would. it was weird not having him home...i almost didn't know what to do with myself. i was looking forward to having a little break, but he's always so much fun to talk to & such a big helper with emerson, it's almost more work without him. after 2 1/2 hours, i was glad to have him home...


and emerson had to join in on the picture taking action. lately, this sweet little girl has turned into a sweet but fiesty little girl...like yesterday, she pushed her brother down the stairs and giggled as he fell from the top to the bottom of the stairs & landed hitting his head on the tile floor. so sad for zac. times like those, all that runs through my mind is that i really hope this is just a phase...really. however...i must say that emmy was very good at giving zac hugs & kisses better...so there's still hope! :)


for the past three weeks or so, my sisters & i have been staying busy planning this for friday...


and this for saturday...


hopefully we can pull it off...and once we do, my mind won't be such a big jumbled mess anymore. it's been a little crazy, probably because i don't have a planner...but i need one. or maybe i should just start using the i-calendar on my computer. something needs to change, my brain can't keep everything straight anymore. any suggestions on how you keep yourself organized?? anyway, it should be a fun-filled & busy weekend...

6 comments:

brit said...

so darling as always!!! just a note though... i know you were taking your blog off of private & i do not know if you have done that yet, but if your not private--- i would probably take your parents address off & repost. love ya!!!

brit said...

oh yeah & preschool. at least Zach did not act like a bratty teenager & just want to be dropped off. they grow up way too fast. both your kids are darling!!!! how is Grady doing??? Also, did you change cameras yet. call me!

Anonymous said...

you've been busy! how was the fiesta the other night? your invitations are adorable! i must recommend icalendar for you...it is the most used app. on my mac and i could not live without it! hope to talk to you soon!

Tanya said...

so cute! can't wait to see more!

the cummard family said...

tried the online calendar, tried a palm pilot....tried just about everything. the thing that works best with keeping me organized is the old fashioned planner/pocket calendar. i keep it with me wherever i go. little p made it for me years ago in preschool, but it was the perfect size, so each year i make a new calendar online with everyones b-days and family events that have special dates, shrink it and re-bind it. love it.

Andrea S. said...

If you figure out how to get organized please fill me in! I love iCal and I use it all the time, but I've been trying to cut back (waaay back) on the time I spend at the computer. Needless to say I've messed up EVERY appointment I had this week!

How fun for Zac to be in preschool. I can't believe how big he is getting. I just want to know if you handled the first day of preschool better than the first day of nursery :)

The invitations are so cute. You've done such a great job with them. I can't wait to see pictures of the parties.

I think I'll finish with the longest comment ever now.